Thread: Spitfire OU-F, BS543 of n485 sqdn.

Thanks

Default Spitfire OU-F, BS543 of n485 sqdn.

Hi,

Page 116 of Royal Air Force Fighter Command Losses Vol.2 there is a photo of Spitfire OU-F BS543 of n485 sqdn ; this print is captioned from a Peter Green Collection.

Does anybody know if it is " A German Official" photograph from BundesArchiv ?

I would like to use this - or a different of this BS543 - for a forthcoming book.

TIA

Bertrand

Thanks

Hi Bertrand,

I don't know where this photo comes from, but just know that I used the same one in my book I wrote with Paul Sortehaug (p51 - 485 Sqn Squadron 1941-1945), coming from Paul's collection. So it seems that many copies of this pix exist and so far eight years later, nobody from Germany came to ask me anything.

Cheers
    Phil

Thanks

Seen! Thank you Phil for reminding me. Besides yours is better. I'll contact you when the time comes.

Sincerely,

Bertrand

Thanks

Hello

I think this picture may have originally been published in "Der Adler" or "Signal", and as such, it seems there's no copyright attached to them. I know several authors who particularly use these "Propaganda Kompanie" pictures and give no credit to official services.

Joss