Thread: Spitfire MD137 loss mystery

Thanks

Default Spitfire MD137 loss mystery

Hello,

Does anyone know more about what happened to this Spitfire Mk.VII? In A-B book, it is stated as being DBR on 5 Dec 44 while serving with the 616. However, this unit was flying on Meteors at that time and no trace of any incident in the ORB on that date furthermore.
    Shackaldy's gives 636 Sqn (never formed!) and 7 Dec!!

Any details about would be very appreciated.

Many thanks
    Phil

Thanks

Hi Phil

Perhaps it would be polite to reply to other questions you've asked (MD112) and to the people who have taken the time to try and answer them ! Before you pose more questions.

Stevie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    Hi Phil

Perhaps it would be polite to reply to other questions you've asked (MD112) and to the people who have taken the time to try and answer them ! Before you pose more questions.

Stevie
    Hi Stevie,

Don't be upset and I don't see why you are. As for MD112 I thought you got the answer in giving the name of Gale - and thanks once more for this - and I did not get back to this thread until now and consequently I missed the subsequent replies, thinking it was closed. I really have nothing on for MD112 as RAFM doesn't have any card for this accident explaining my request because I really have no clues. However I also know that, if RAFM doesn't keep all AMF1188 records, Historical Branch does and maybe some of the members had had the opportunity to get a copy of this accident before the change of their policy some years ago.

Phil

Thanks

Phil,

I don't do upset, simply trying to put some manners on you.

Stevie