Thread: Difficulty accessing RAFCommands

Thanks

Brian

I am having the same problem with the two sites ... so you are not alone. I am assuming the maximum limits are being reached due to unfriendly activity by those who have nothing better to do than disrupt these kind of sites.

Regards

Pete

PS I have also noticed that posts 1 and 2 swap every now again, so that the thread doesn't flow properly (as appears to have happened on this one)
    Last edited by PeteT; 13th August 2014 at 09:57. Reason: Additional Information
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Default Difficulty accessing RAFCommands

Increasingly of late I've been experiencing great difficulty in accessing the forum; the last two-three days have been terrible and yesterday (Tuesday), for instance, I was effectively shut out from about midday despite rebooting several times.

Irrespective of whether I try to access through my 'Favourites' list or from scratch I get a response which says 'Loading' - but nothing happens, or 'Page cannot be found/displayed' this happens with all the search engines I try.

I have the same problem with the 'Great War Forum' at http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/fo...ex.php?act=idx, but otherwise every other website appears to work satisfactorily.

Is anyone else experiencing any difficulty?

Brian

Thanks

Same thista, but not as bad as Lyffe has experienced. This forum just very slow to react. I had assumed (like PeteT) it was some malevolent attacks on the server(s). But occasionally - and for quite long periods - the forum is "normal".
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Perhaps someone needs to feed the hamsters that are powering the server!

Thanks

My thanks gentlemen. I'm not very good with these things so it's a relief to know I'm not alone.

Brian

Thanks

Something else odd - my last post (5) is timed at 1130, but I didn't send it until 1143. I'm posting this at 1146.

Brian

Thanks

Currently, as I type (1130Z) the Forum is acting 'normally' thista.
    Except time probs as noted by Lyffe
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Last edited by Resmoroh; 13th August 2014 at 12:19. Reason: Noticed time probs
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Bods may be busy at the moment but this is my take on the situation with the forum.

Jagan posted a Face Book sitrep yesterday (see link on this page for those not on Face Book http://www.rafcommands.com)

The forum is hosted by EasySpace and this is the system status posted by them to the public domain

Last modified: August 12, 2014 @ 4:48 pm

We are currently experiencing issues with one of our shared database servers – mysql06.iomart.com (62.233.121.24)
    Our senior technicians are currently working on a fix for this issue. Currently we have no timescales on a resolution to this. We will update the status page with progress.

So out of Jagan's hands and there will be some glitches until normal service is resumed.

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Thank you, Ross.

Brian

Thanks

sorry folks. had to rush to work before I could post an update.

normally we get these database errors - and they number around 6-7 per day and maybe around 12 at max.. it means that when perhaps that many pages failed to come up when members accessed them. its a very small number considering we literally have 1000s of page requests in a day.

Yesterday due to this issue there were nearly 300 failures.!

Not only the forum, but also the front page section (wordpress) and galleries were also not working due to this issue. Only way to get a message out was via facebook, raise a ticket and wait for the host to resolve things. BTW you dont have to be a facebook member to read an update .. you just need to visit facebook.com/rafcommands and you should be able to read the latest update/report.