Thread: European Division ATC C-47 type aircraft No. 43 - 16419 Special Mission

Thanks

Default European Division ATC C-47 type aircraft No. 43 - 16419 Special Mission

A secret message send from HQ European Wing ATC, London, to Air Staff SHEAF Main, Attn Operations on 4 May 1945 includes the following information (source NA, WO 229/28):

"Leaving BOVINGDON 0400 GMT is European Division ATC C-47 type aircraft No. 43 - 16419 Special Mission to B-156 via B-56 carrying Colonel MARKHAM and SHEAF Mission to DENMARK.

Our understanding Colonel MARKHAM has secured verbal permission from Theater Priority Board to this Mission. Estimated arrival approximately 0930 GMT. Request clearence and proper notification for this flight."

Would anyone know if it is possible
    a) to find a record of the actual flight in some kind of ORB
    b) to identify the aircraft "No. 43" (production no., serial etc.)
    c) to identify "Colonel Markham"

Any ideas?

Regards

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Mikkel,
    43-16419 is a C-47B-DL (from block 43-16133 - 16432). Other members will no doubt provide its complete history.
    David D

Thanks

David
    Thank you. I misred the entry seing it as aircraft No. 43 and special mission no. 16419.

Sooooorry! Feeling a bit stupid right know...

I have the story of 43-16419

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War