Thread: Which way?

Thanks

Default Which way?

I'm back searching the story of my father..

Promotion 100 of 17 ITW Scarbourough 1/1944 .. I found a list of all his companions. That list resumes what they have done, step by step. (My case : no trace of my father) ... Most of them are from 17 ITW next 6 EFTS Sywell next 31 PDC Moncton (Canada).
    My father went to 2 ANS at Charlottetown, Prince Edward.
    I found recently another picture of a group. (See the picture) They are all in front of an ANSON airplane, and I just want to know if the group is from the 2 ANS..

Thank you for any help.

MVDV

Thanks

Hello,

2 ANS was not based at Charlottetown, PEI, it was at Pennfield Ridge, NB. 32 ANS was at Charlottetown.

Col.

Thanks

Sorry Col...
    2 ANS was operated from 2/1/44 to 7/7/45 see the abstract list from Bomber Crew Forum..

Your 2 ANS was from [SIZE=2]07/21/41 - 04/30/42[/SIZE]

MVDV

Thanks

MVDV

Can I suggest that you keep all your enquiries on this matter in one thread (rather than starting a new thread each time), as I have to keep trying to find your other threads so that I can remember the history.

Sorry, I can't answer the question about whether the photograph was taken at Charlottetown but picking up on Col's point, if it was prior to February 1944 it would have been at Pennfield (as 2 ANS did not move to Charlottetown until February 1944 [UPDATE: MVDV This is probably a rough date, so your date of January 1944 may be correct] )

Regards

Pete
    Last edited by PeteT; 1st September 2014 at 14:46.
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

MVDV,

Thanks - stand corrected!

Col.

Thanks

Ok Pete,
    I Thought these thread was more general that my previous questions. I will jump to the appropriated and existing thread for any further questions..
    Reg

Michel

Thanks

The photograph would not be at No.2 ANS, Pennfield Ridge due to the airmen wearing flash caps. No.2 ANS was for advance astro-navigation and the airmen were generally held the rank of Sgt.

Thanks

I agree with you ... this information was issued from my "novice time". I made a lot of inquiries since that time and received also full documentation from our Belgium aircraft museum.
    This picture was taked at the 2 AOS Edmonton, Alberta in 7/44. Confirmed by my father's military archive at the Belgium army.
    More, he was never been at Charlottetown.
    Thanks a lot,
    Michel