Thread: Honorary D.F.C's

Thanks

Default Honorary D.F.C's

Hello,
    With regard to 900 plus awards of Honorary D.F.C's.
    Are they listed in the Gazette's ? I tried useing the airmans name but nothing was the result.
    Is there a list available perhaps in NA or on line ?
    Many thanks
    Alex

Thanks

The Carter's book records those DFCs awarded to foreign nationals but I do not know the source they used.

I do not know of an online list but since the awards were often made through the administrative process, rather than the formal H&W systems, the details might not be held at the NA in any consolidated form.

Colin Cummings

Thanks

Whilst the MOD(Air) has/had a manuscript book of all Honorary awards, which may now be lodged in the NA, the Carters got their information direct from the files in the NA. In the first edition of their splendid book the only ones that they missed were those awarded to Brazilians. I obtained these names for them and they were added to the second edition of the books. In the files referred to, there are a number of recommendations, but in the main the unit is as much as you can find.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Oldduffer View Post
    The Carter's book records those DFCs awarded to foreign nationals but I do not know the source they used.

I do not know of an online list but since the awards were often made through the administrative process, rather than the formal H&W systems, the details might not be held at the NA in any consolidated form.

Colin Cummings