Thread: 576 Squadron Lancaster LM471 UL-J2

Thanks

Default 576 Squadron Lancaster LM471 UL-J2

I am researching the lives of the men shown on the Great Thurlow, Suffolk, War Memorial. This includes Pilot Flt Sgt Leslie John Collis No. 1284701 RAFVR. He and Sgt Edward Smith No. 1818735 RAFVR were killed when the plane was shot down over Germany on 25th March 1944. Sgt R J Roper, F/O A C Harper, Sgt P McDougall, Sgt B Warren, and Sgt Joseph Robinson all became P.O.W.s. I have the details of the raid, but I would appreciate copies of any information and pictures of the crew and/or aircraft that any one might have concerning Leslie John Collis. I have seen a picture of the wedding of Sgt Joseph Robinson, posted by his granddaughter, Claire Brown, but have not been able to identify one of the people and am hoping that this could be Leslie Collis. Any information or possible leads will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgresearcher View Post
    I am researching the lives of the men shown on the Great Thurlow, Suffolk, War Memorial. This includes Pilot Flt Sgt Leslie John Collis No. 1284701 RAFVR. He and Sgt Edward Smith No. 1818735 RAFVR were killed when the plane was shot down over Germany on 25th March 1944. Sgt R J Roper, F/O A C Harper, Sgt P McDougall, Sgt B Warren, and Sgt Joseph Robinson all became P.O.W.s. I have the details of the raid, but I would appreciate copies of any information and pictures of the crew and/or aircraft that any one might have concerning Leslie John Collis. I have seen a picture of the wedding of Sgt Joseph Robinson, posted by his granddaughter, Claire Brown, but have not been able to identify one of the people and am hoping that this could be Leslie Collis. Any information or possible leads will be gratefully received.
    im Claire brown, the photo your referring to is my grandparents wedding, if you are still looking for this information please get in touch