Thread: Date of Enlistment

Thanks

Default Date of Enlistment

Can anyone help with a date / place of enlistment into the RAF for:

Andrew John BROODBANK 1625612

Any ideas where I can find dates of promotion through the non-commissioned ranks would also be of great help. I have found commissioning / officer promotion info through the Gazette and Air Force lists.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Thanks

Hi Adam, I can provide you only following info:

1610001 1649900 10.41 Cardington

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Adam, Hi,
    Assuming that the 39899 bods that Cardington Inducted in the year from 1 Oct 41 before they started issuing another block were done on a regular basis (111 per day!). Yr man then should, therefore and mathematically, have Enlisted on 21 Feb 42 (+/- 5/10 days). This is purely experimental, but if you find his real date pse let me know!!
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Pavel & Peter - Thanks for your help. I have just found Broodbank's Form 2150 which gives a date of 11/05/42.

Should have looked harder in the first place, but your replies are much appreciated!

Thanks

One more enquiry if anyone can help, please? I am looking for a date and place of enlistment for:

George Vincent PLAUT-CARCASSON 1330969

Thanks in advance - Adam

Thanks

That block was allocated for use by Uxbridge and Weston-super-Mare from November 1940, if you've got any more it's worth bookmarking the 2007 thread started by Peter with the list, http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...ervice-Numbers
    Alan Clark

Peak District Air Accident Research

http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/

Thanks

Thanks for that, and for the link to peter's original list. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam, Hi,
    Yr man appears to have been born in UK.

Births Q4 1913
    Carcasson George V Carcasson St.geo.h.sq 1a 724

Mother's Maiden Surname also Carcasson - so may be a story there!!

Was aged 26 when Enlisted - rather older than most? Would bet some of your money on Enlistment at Uxbridge!! So we are looking at late 1940, or early 1941, for a date. He was Commissioned (from Sgt) 23 Dec 41. So that suggests he had learned to fly before Enlisting - not time to do Square Bashing and learn to fly in the time scale? You need his Service Record. That will give you his progress rank-by-rank/trade-by-trade (and - if you're lucky - place-by-place). You have his Commissioned details from the LG. Good hunting!
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Resmoroh View Post
    Adam, Hi,
    Yr man appears to have been born in UK.

Births Q4 1913
    Carcasson George V Carcasson St.geo.h.sq 1a 724

Mother's Maiden Surname also Carcasson - so may be a story there!!

Was aged 26 when Enlisted - rather older than most? Would bet some of your money on Enlistment at Uxbridge!! So we are looking at late 1940, or early 1941, for a date. He was Commissioned (from Sgt) 23 Dec 41. So that suggests he had learned to fly before Enlisting - not time to do Square Bashing and learn to fly in the time scale? You need his Service Record. That will give you his progress rank-by-rank/trade-by-trade (and - if you're lucky - place-by-place). You have his Commissioned details from the LG. Good hunting!
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Thanks Peter - I am trying to flesh out the details I already have about Carcasson which were provided by his nephew. I have a DOB of November 2013 in London, so this looks to be the same man, so would bet for an Uxbridge enlistment as well! I have his progression from comissioning through the ranks from the LG and Airforce lists.

I know he was with 157 Squadron before he came to 488(NZ) which is where my specific interest lies. I don't yet know his dates for 157.

Interestingly, during the war, Carcasson submitted several patents for aircraft navigation systems (one example here http://www.freepatentsonline.com/2338536.html). I suspect there is more to be found out about this man - he seems very interesting!