Thread: Email of Hugh Halliday? and pilot info UK

Thanks

Default Email of Hugh Halliday? and pilot info UK

Hi, I hope I have posted in the right section.

I came across this website after trying to email a gentleman by the name of Hugh Halliday? I tried to use an email address I found on another website and it didn't go through I believe the address was incorrect.

So I was one wondering if any one new of a way to email/contact him?

The main reason I'm emailing is I am looking for information on my grandfather who was in the airforce during the war. He was French Canadian and for some reason was back here in England in 1949 in the Northamptonshire area

My mother was born in Northamptonshire England in early 1950. The only real information I have was, he was quiet high up in the airforce, was French Canadian, and may have received an award of some sort. Or had done well. (sorry i know it is vague)

In the last few years my sister also mentioned but we can't be sure that his surname was Dugre, dugree, degreen or something sounding similar. But this information we can't 100% be sure of.

So for many years I've been trying on and off to find information on any French Canadian officer, pilots, within the wellingborough Northamptonshire area or barracks in 1949/1950

It is a long shot but if anyone could point me in the direction of some other websites or where I could possibly find out more id be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Kylie
    Last edited by kyliieengland; 21st November 2014 at 23:32. Reason: got information wrong

Thanks

Kylie,

I presume that you have checked your mother's birth certificate? In nearly all cases, the father is listed. Once you have the details, you may wish to post them again. Unfortunately there isn't much to go on at the moment!

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Kylie,

Go to Hugh's last thread at http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...light=halliday, and left click on his name. Use the drop-down menu to find his email address.

Brian

Thanks

I have responded to this gentleman directly, giving my e-mail address but also advising him that his information is too vague to permit meaningful research.