Thread: SGT. Paul A Reader BEM (RAFVR - EFTS 34)

Thanks

Default SGT. Paul A Reader BEM (RAFVR - EFTS 34)

Hi everyone

The following was posted on the (now archived) DC Board forum back in 2004:

Sgt, Paul A Reader BEM RAFVR # 753005
    Author: Al (Guest)
    Time Stamp:
    16:23:22 05 August 2004
    Hi folks
    Does anyone have any info on the award of the BEM to this Airman. I think he may have been stationed at 34 EFTS in Canada at the time of the award. I also believe the medal was awarded in Jan 1945
    Thanks for any gen you can give me.
    Regards Alastair Cameron
    Lancashire

There is a family connection here and I'm wondering ,does anyone out there know if Alastair is still a forum member here or might able to provide me with some contact details ?? I believe he has expertise in collecting militaria and subsequent research and may have been living in the Carnforth area at the time of his original post.

Cheers

Peter R

Thanks

READER, Sergeant Paul Augustine (RAF 753005) - British Empire Medal - No.34 Elementary Flying Training School - Awarded as per London Gazette dated 1 January 1946 and AFRO 82/46 dated 25 January 1946).

Sergeant Reader has been employed in the Orderly Room for over two years. He has performed his assigned duties as non-commissioned officer in charge with unfailing ability and initiative, setting a fine example by his painstaking thoroughness in everything he has undertaken. His contribution to the administrative work of this unit has been outstanding.