Thread: F/L Vivian Eugene Watkins, 234 Sqn (former Eagle Sqn) - photo

Thanks

Default F/L Vivian Eugene Watkins, 234 Sqn (former Eagle Sqn) - photo

The below photo was taken in April 1942 at Ibsley and shows a F/L of 234 Squadron.

I am wondering if anyone could confirm this to be the American RAF F/L Vivian Eugene Watkins, KIA 24.04.42?

If the uniform had been that of a S/L I would have guessed S/L F E W Birchfield.

Regards

Mikkel

Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Hello,

l believe your photograph depicts, 39777 S/L Frank Edward Walter BIRCHFIELD AFC RAFO, OC No.234 Sqn. Jan-Oct 1942. The sleeve insignia shown in the photo is that of a Squadron Leader, not a Flight Lieutenant.

Col.

Thanks

Col
    Thank you, I had been looking at that sleeve insignia over and over. I came to the conclusion that there was two, not three stribes. That is why I came to the conclusion, that it was a Flight Lieutenant.

Mikkel

Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War