Thread: 100th birthday of Bomber Command Veteran

Thanks

Default 100th birthday of Bomber Command Veteran

Sgt Peter Carrie, a Flight Engineer of 75 (NZ) Sqn who is also ex Army so is now a Chelsea Pensioner. On the 18 February 2015 he will be 100 years old. I am trying to get at least 100 cards sent to this gentleman some of which will be opened on the day and some to be opened at a big party that the Captain of Invalids is organising (so matter if you are abroad and think it wont get there for the 18th). If you would be interested in sending him a card then please private message me and I will give you the address.
    Dee :)

Thanks

Hi Dee, no question! PM sent.

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie2620 View Post
    Sgt Peter Carrie, a Flight Engineer of 75 (NZ) Sqn who is also ex Army so is now a Chelsea Pensioner. On the 18 February 2015 he will be 100 years old. I am trying to get at least 100 cards sent to this gentleman some of which will be opened on the day and some to be opened at a big party that the Captain of Invalids is organising (so matter if you are abroad and think it wont get there for the 18th). If you would be interested in sending him a card then please private message me and I will give you the address.
    Dee :)
    I have just been notified that the BBMF are sending him a card which is great news... I should have said that the reason that he is a Chelsea Pensioner is because he was in the Army before he joined the RAF. He was in Afghanistan before WW2 as a foot solder then during the Battle for France he was a tankie. He even survived the Dunkirk evacuation! He is the only Chelsea Pensioner who is also a holder of the Bomber Command Clasp so a bit of a special case.
    Dee