Thread: N S Brady RAF(VR)

Thanks

Default N S Brady RAF(VR)

Hi all:
    I'm seeking some details on the early war career of (then) Sgt Pilot N S Brady of Sheffield. I know he was involved in a taxiing collision in 114 Sqn Blenheim N6144 at Wyton on 3 Nov 1939, and that he was killed as a F/O when 7 Sqn Stirling BF390 was brought down by 'Friendly fire' over Gt Yarmouth on 21 Oct 1942. Can any 2 Group/Blenheim gen-persons help with any details on what he was doing between these two dates? I have been told that he flew during the costly French campaign in May/June 1940, but I have little to go on and would welcome any assistance on his activities during that period.

TIA for any leads/info.

Bob C

Thanks

Bob,

All I can tell you is that he moved with the squadron to France in December 1939 and was still with them in May 1940. He and his crew were shot down in Blenheim N6223 (a 139 Squadron aircraft) on May 14th. Brady baled out apparently unhurt. I can find no trace of him after this date and up to the end of August 1940 in the 114 Squadron ORB and Appendices.

Regards,

Martin Gleeson.

Thanks

Martin,
    very many thanks for the information. I think you'll agree it is especially tragic that a pilot like him should survive an early war crash, and a shoot-down in May 1940, only to lose his life in a 'Friendly fire' incident in a Stirling two years later.
    I'll keep digging.
    Regs,
    BC