Thread: "Jimmy Edwards"

HansO Guest

Default "Jimmy Edwards"

Hi all, Ross in particular..

I'm looking for the "Jimmy Edwards" thread, posted on the old board while ago.
    I've had a try to 'dig it up', but without succes.

Any help much appreciated.

KR,
    Hans

Thanks

Default Jimmy Edward Thread Jan 2007

Is this it?

http://www.rafcommands.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=86&forum=DCForumID7

Google search for

jimmy edwards site:rafcommands.com

Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

HansO Guest

Hi Dennis,

Possible, but nevertheless no results after Googling.
    Maybe Ross is able to help me ?

Thanks Dennis,
    KR,
    Hans

Thanks

Default Jimmy Edward Thread Jan 2007

Simply paste the following line into the google search window/field, it's just worked again for me:

jimmy edwards site:rafcommands.com

No comma's, asterix etc just paste in the above and search. One of the results I got then was this old rafcommands thread, paste this into the address window of your browser or is this not the thread your looking for??

http://www.rafcommands.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=86&forum=DCForumID7

The above is an address, did you have a read of it?
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

HansO Guest

Now it worked! Don't ask me why it didn't initially... :-(
    Thanks Dennis.

Regards,
    Hans

Thanks

Can I hi-jack please?
    Also having trouble getting into archive.
    Tried your suggestion and got to the google page listing the item I was interested in, clicked on, but got a red elephant and told "error 500 - configuration error". What have I not got or doing wrong please?

Stewart McLoughlin

Thanks

Default hmmmm

I dunno now, gimme the search the term you wanted and the best I can think is to click on the google 'Cached' button, see what that gives. Google will have kept an image of the site.

I try your search and see what I get on a different computer.

Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

This is obviously a problem. I'm on AOL. My AOL software will not let me 'copy' from an Rafcommands post. But Dennis has sorted that problem out for me. The (Old) Rafcommands post(s) came up a treat. However, doing the Google search (via AOL) produced nix. So I went to Google direct, pasted the ref, and Lo & Behold up she came. It would appear that the softwares of various ISPs differ in their approach(es). My thanks to all - particularly Dennis - for helping me to push back the frontiers of science!!!!!
    HTH
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Default aol problem

hello Peter,

I still have the problem at home with aol (not at the office which use IE) with "Cursor Proprietry" and I ask to click 5 times in a row to move from one page to another. Quite annoying but it works in the end...

I still have to find the correct place where I can change the setting. Sending a mail to aol will bring nothing, they don't answer your question, they just have a set of answers which are not always corresponding to your question...

Also, I found it easier to copy and paste a full thread from the "printable version" rather than the normal one.

Joss

Thanks

Default AOL Problems

Joss,
    Tks yrs. I am not only surprised - but extremely proud - that you should address computer problems to me! I was known (as far as computers were concerned) as the President of the local branch of the Flat Earth Society!!!!
    Dennis advises me that anything that appears on Rafcommands should be 'highlighted' using the Left mouse button. Then click the Right mouse button which will give you a drop-down menu, including "Copy". From there you can 'Paste' to wherever. Using this system, do not go to the AOL search engine, but 'search' for Google direct and then 'paste' the URL (or whatever). This has worked for me.
    This is why I have installed a padded top to my computer desk. I hurts less when I bang my head on it in frustration!
    Hope this helps
    Rgds
    Peter
    Last edited by Resmoroh; 28th November 2007 at 14:32. Reason: Finger trouble (Flat Earth Membership!!!)