Thread: Sgt George Ronald Tillier RAF

Thanks

Default Sgt George Ronald Tillier RAF

A long shot, I know, but I have been asked to find any information regarding the above. No service number, but the enquirer thinks that he served as aircrew during WW2. She also believes that pre-war he served in Iraq, returning to UK on SS Baradine in about 1929. He was born 3 June 1908, and died in hospital in St Mary's Paddington, on 21 March 1947. There is a photograph of him in uniform wearing sergeant's stripes, but in a greatcoat, so no flying badge visible. I have BDM details of parents, siblings and wife, plus 1911 Census. I can't find any details in London Gazette, but before going to Disclosures, I thought there may be just a chance of trying the accumulated wisdom of the many experts in this forum.
    LXXIV

Thanks

Regarding Sgt Tillier, thanks to "Findmypast" I have retrieved his early record, Service No., date of attestation, trade courses, promotions and Movements. Also, a Passenger Arrival document showing his arrival in UK from Iraq in 1929. A request to Disclosures in respect of his wartime service is on the way. Request is closed, thanks to all who watched this.
    LXXIV