Thread: FO Norman A.L. Cornwell RAFVR 1943-45

Thanks

Default FO Norman A.L. Cornwell RAFVR 1943-45

Looking for info on FO Norman A.L.Cornwell RAFVR. I have LG showing appointment as PO in GD Branch 27 Oct 1943 and as FO with date in 1944. He MAY have been with 96 Squadron when still Fighter Command. Any help on where he served and aircrew position welcomed. Thanks

Thanks

Tigers747, Hi,

Births Q4 1920
    Cornwell Norman A L Potter Chelsea 1a 672

In addition to yr LG info:
    The London Gazette, Supplement 37362, Page 5705
    Flg. Offs. granted the rank of Flt. Lt. (war subs.): —
    27th Oct. 1945.
    N. A. L. CORNWELL (160930).

At least one Marriage:
    Marriages Q4 1948
    Cornwell Norman A L Rosa K M Fuglsang Essex S.W. 5a 712

There was Issue. Check Cornwell/Fuglsang on UK Freebmd site (Forum protocol frowns on identifying living persons).

Whether any Issue from a possible first Marriage – or the second Marriage – has his Log Book is not known.

96 Sqn Association is at http://96squadron.org.uk/

HTH

Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Thanks Peter. The 96 Assn did not have any info, replied their WW2 material was quiet small. So I am still in the dark on who he served with for sure and when, funny nothing seems to come up on him with service details but then again I suppose this happens a lot now days. What I have is a medals group of four including ACE Star, a copy photo of him signed name, FO Rank, but dated 96 Squadron 1942, which is to early for him to have been in the Squadron as not a PO until 1943. Either wrong date put on it by mistake or? Group came out of Australia from estate to a RSL Charity auction and bought there by the guy I got them from. I checked for any other Norman Cornwells, there is a N. Cornwell listed as a WAG I may need to look hard at that one if I can find him again. Wiladv on this forum if things change! Oh, set of pilots wings were with it also.