Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane z2832 , gz-m

Thanks

Default Hurricane z2832 , gz-m

Hello , I would be very grateful if anybody could please help me with a photo of the Hurricane Z2832 GZ-M of No.32 Sqn , thanks.

Thanks

Page 39 of McCarrons Landfall Ireland has a photo of it crashed in Ireland. Photo credit is to the Air Corps so you ought to contact them.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Another example of McCarron’s lack of research, thereby perpetuating myths and errors.That picture is not an Air Corps photograph and is not the aircraft flown by P/O Mayhew.

Thanks

Ive hand ammended my cppy of the book years ago the fuselage codes give away the error straight away.

Whose is the photo? Is it in the collection donated to the Air Corps recently

To explain to others the context of your message the incorrectly captioned photo implys it was PO Mayhew's aircraft P5178 which came down down here in September 1940.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

No it was not in the collection donated to the Air Corps. It was the property of an old friend the late Michael Keating.

Thanks

Ok. Good to know. And is it possible to still make contact with the owner?
    I was emailed two great scans of Battacuda MD897 only two nights back, so nice to keep things in circulation.

The name Michael Keating rings a bell with me but I cannot think why. Ex AIr Corps or a reseacher?
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

I was given the photograph many years ago, had a lot of trouble getting it back from that author. Luckily I had a negative. The picture is not in my possession at the moment as it is being used for a profile/artwork project if you need a copy I will arrange it when I get it back. I do not have any facilities for making a picture from the negative.
    The late Paddy Cummins sent me a disc some years ago with the Barracuda included and he too did not get the original back from Mc Carron. Don’t loan pictures ??? He was not sure of the copyright issues at that time.

Thanks

Very good.

There'll be plenty of places in town that can scan negatives, I've only a 35mm adapter for my scanned.

I don't ask for originals from anyone, been only sent them in three cases if I recall correctly. I only deal in scans, though that's a problem nowadays because people think their crappy iphone is a decent means of copying a photo.

I don't need the Z2832 photo, I will just scan the version in the book, you know I'll only add it to the website in anycase.

I'll be making a page about the Barracuda and crew in the coming days so keep an eye out and if the photos are new to you give me a shout.

Cheers
    Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hi Dennis, as always many thanks for your help . As Tony rightly stated McCarron's research left a lot to be desired . I gave him many Luftwaffe related photos for his book " Landfall Ireland " , he never gave me credit in his book or returned my photos after he used them .

Thanks

It is sad to relate as schnellmeyer does in referring to the conduct of some of my fellow Irish in not returning pictures, in addition to claiming credit and more seriously claiming copyright on images not of their own. I too have been a victim.
    Schnellmeyer, I am sure that you can recover your pictures from Irish Military Archives with whom you are familiar. In doing so you may even recognise some photographs adorned with the copyright symbol and initials of the person claiming.
    In the Paul Stormer collection there is a copy of an article by the late Paddy Cummins which was published in the Defence Forces Magazine. The author’s name has been deleted and also at the end of the article his name has been tippexed and another name you may recognise schnellmeyer, written over it.
    Sad and disingenuous, so good and generous forumites of RAF Commands be aware.
    Regards
    Tony K