Thread: Marine Aircraft Experimental Establishment MAEE Pre-War ORB

Thanks

Default Marine Aircraft Experimental Establishment MAEE Pre-War ORB

All

Do not suppose anyone has this do they ?

Thanks

Paul

Thanks

Hello Paul

I can't even find it on TNA online catalogue under AIR 29. However, I noticed this morning that many numerous files, which I have a number of TNA print-outs sheets for (along with their original Department file references and title descriptions), are no longer showing on TNA Catalogue online and the online catalogue is only showing 5 returns, instead of hundreds?

Only that the MAEE Reports are in AVIA 19.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...etails/r/C2599

The RAF Museum have some of the duplicate ORBs [which must be some of those apparently held by AHB for enquiry purposes], which they were storing at Cosford. By the way did you know that RAF Cosford was the official RAF Library?

Regarding ORBs - an 'Original' and a 'Duplicate' was originally created, the PRO (now TNA) should have one copy.

The British Library, Euston London are holding thousands (tens of thousands I believe) of aviation related reports at their storage facility in Yorkshire, but you cannot find out what is held, as there was no public electronic catalogue! You have to ask for the report by name, they check and are supposed to get back to the enquirer.

It makes me wonder what stuff is still to be found?

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 5th June 2015 at 09:15.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks

I was hoping to find out if they were the one who sent a "Seaplane" from Felixstowe to rescue a pilot off Walton-on-the-Naze on July 17, 1939

The only other unit 218 (Supermarine Stranraer) has nothing in ORB - I know prewar ORBS not great but I would have though would have warranted a mention

Paul

Paul

Thanks

Paul,

Would I be correct in thinking you've seen the report in The Times, not that it answers your question?

Brian

Thanks

Brian I have not seen Times report but seen others the pilot was I seem to recalled was called Tait

I was hoping I could find out which unit rescued him

Kind regards

Paul