Thread: WW2 records released in August this year by CWGC

Thanks

Default WW2 records released in August this year by CWGC

Dear Gentlemen,

maybe this information is new to some of you:

http://www.cwgc.org/news-events/news...ed-online.aspx

I think this might be a good addition to the casualty packs.

Have a nice day!

cheers

Stefan Ilsemann

Thanks

Dear Stefan
    Thank you for sharing this good news with us.
    Best wishes
    James

Thanks

Thanks Stefan

This is going to be mighty interesting, or not!

I already have the death certificates of the five crew, the RAF Daily Routine Orders of the funeral arrangements, 8 funeral and procession photos, copies of the Church Burial Register and Cemetery book, copy RAF Deeds to buy the plot, IWGC replies in 1940/41 to my family and the later confirmation of the wording chosen for the headstone to "Commemorate" my Grandfather.

The Air Ministry/MoD AHB thought they could get away with keeping the most minimal paperwork!

I shall be pleasantly surprised, if the file answers one, of the many questions.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 3rd July 2015 at 17:40.

Thanks

I found that these documents were online today

I've been through a few of my irish related casualties and there's nothing much startling so far. I was rather hoping that some mention of Next of Kin might be included, especially for those men/women that ended up with no inscriptions, no published NoK details. One can get the inscription text ordered by the NoK.

One thing I did notice in a few cases is training units are mentioned for a few casualties I seen out of the corner of my eye. For example
    http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...OBERT%20GEORGE
    Has a notation for 52 OTU on the ledger page scanned. This was not in the published registers or on the database now.

I've seen example of Grave concentration forms for an airman buried in Germany, should be useful for some people
    Example:
    http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...RTHUR%20ROBERT
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Dennis
    Thanks for high-lighting this

Methinks a few nuggets will come out of those pages now on CWGC Website

I looked at one grave registration document that had the name of a Dutchman listed who may not be on CWGC as it is stamped 'Not on Register' I did not check to see if his grave was under CWGC care but interesting none the less

Paul

Thanks

I found what I think is Rank "KOK" for J FILLIPPO Netherlands 28.3.41 - Not on Register for in Bebington Cemetery in Cheshire while looking at the death register for Aircraftman 2nd Class FRANK ASTON BOWYER #641028 on 3 Sept 1939

Now he might not be a war casualty but he is on Grave Registration Reports with 'Not on Register'

he is actually Johannes Filippo (not Fillippo) who was born on February 6, 1897 in Leiden and aged 48 at his time of death which was registered on the Wirral.

Rank KOK may actually be "Cook" so he may have been Ships Company..

Thanks

Whatever does come out of this will be MORE information and even though this is more to trawl through, it will be worth it for those little titbits that might lead elsewhere or might just tie up other pieces of information we already have. In my research, I have learned to be a "maximalist" rather than a minimalist!

Thanks

Hello,

The remains of Kok (Cook) Johannes FILIPPO, Netherlands Merchant Navy, now rest in Mill Hill Cemetery, Middlesex.

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...PO,%20JOHANNES

Mill Hill Cemetery contains The Netherlands Field of Honour, established in 1965. The plot contains the graves of more than 250 servicemen of the Netherlands, many of them having been brought to the cemetery from other United Kingdom burial grounds. The majority of the graves are those of Merchant seamen.

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 11th August 2015 at 21:21.