Thread: RCAF W/OP in ME, Malta, Sicily and Italy?

Thanks

Default RCAF W/OP in ME, Malta, Sicily and Italy?

I am researching a RCAF Wireless Operator, who served in England, Middle East, Malta, Sicily and Italy.

If - and I know it is an if - he served in a RCAF squadron, am I then right to assume 331 Wing to be the most likely option?

I am not certain, that these squadrons actually operated from Malta at some point, but "The Crucible of War 1939-45" suggests that this was an option at some point (p. 653).

Regards

Mikkel
    Last edited by Mikkel Plannthin; 10th July 2015 at 14:23.
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

About half of the RCAF uniformed members who served outside of Canada did so with RAF units at least part of the time. Your man could have been with 331 Wing, or any RAF unit in the area.

331 Wing only operated from the UK, Algeria, and Tunisia.

Thanks

Bill
    Thank you for your swift answer. I am aware that he shall be difficult to locate.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War