Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cadet Sergeant E T Rees

Thanks

Just a little more on Ernest Rees, he was mentioned in despatches for "gallant and distinguished service" during the Battle of Britain. I presume he was ground crew but like many had aspirations to fly and was accepted for pilot training. Such a shame that his nine year in the RAF ended so tragically.
    Max
    Max Williams
    www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
    the story of Lancaster ME453

Thanks

Max,

I'm being a bit slow on the uptake, but given the number of Rees's in llanelli it would be worth your while putting a letter in the Llanelli Star (http://www.llanellistar.co.uk/contact.html) explaining your interest and asking if anyone knows the family. In the event of a hit it is just possible a photo might be forthcoming (one can but hope). I've done this a few times myself with a reasonable amount of success.

Brian

Thanks

Thanks again Brian, yes I had it in mind to write to the local Press, it's how I found the family members of two of the crew of ME453 so I know it can work. I have a poor reproduction of a photograph of Rees but I'm sure his family will have a much better one. I'm going to be developing a website called "RATG Boys" which will document many aspects of the training, mishaps and characters from those far off Rhodesian days.
    Max
    Max Williams
    www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
    the story of Lancaster ME453