Thread: Looking for photo of Beaufort T Mk II or Mk IX

Thanks

Default Looking for photo of Beaufort T Mk II or Mk IX

Hello one and all,

Could some kind Soul please point me in the right direction, I’m looking for a photo of a Bristol Beaufort T Mk II (trainer) or MK IX (transport), or any other version that had the rear turret faired over . A link to a photo would be great, information on which Squadrons or OTU’s used them would be even greater…

Thank you,
    Mieszko

Thanks

I believe you'll find a photo in the book Beaufort Special from Ian Allan. It shows the aircraft in the grey/white camouflage scheme with a high demarcation, and I suspect was with either 2 or 9 OTUs. The latter is listed with an establishment of 5 Beaufort dual trainers.

Thanks

Hello Graham,

Thank you for your response. I’ll try to find the book that you mentioned. In the mean time I was able to find a few photos of the Bristol “Beaufreighter” (Beaufort Mk IX) that were in Australian service.

Take care,
    Mieszko

Thanks

I thought that I'd better check: it does indeed include three photos of ML625 from a series taken for aircraft recognition purposes. The aircraft carried no unit markings. Two other photos from this series can be seen in the Warpaint no.50 dedicated to the Beaufort, which also includes comment on the units where these aircraft were deployed, and a colour profile of ML621 coded P1C of 762 Sqn FAA. The latter book is almost certainly easier to obtain.

Thanks

Hello,

Re: Beaufort ML625. Take a look here:

http://aviadejavu.ru/Images6/MM/MM-145/0092-01-2-3.jpg

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 20th September 2015 at 01:42.

Thanks

Graham & Col Bruggy,

Thank you both for your replies. A friend has just dug up a copy of Warpaint #50 via the internet. Just what I was looking for!

Thanks again, and take care!
    Mieszko