Thread: Rudolf marczak 304 squadron pilot

Thanks

Default Rudolf marczak 304 squadron pilot

Can anyone please help with a photograph of this pilot and his regular crew.

Thanks

Feb 1945 304 Sqd crew
    MATCZAK F/O CYBULSKI, P/O DUBIEL, F/S FRACKIEWICZ, F/S SKWAREK, F/S KALINOWSKI

This appears to be a regular crew, sorry no photograph.
    Do let me know your interest.

Thanks

Hello Colin,

That is the basis of a regular crew around the time of his 20th mission onwards. For some years now, I have been writing biographies of 304 Squadron air crew and ground crew and usually with the co-operation of their families (as in this case) for my own interest and my own blog. I have written close on 300 of them now and I started when I found out that their first ever loss (accidental) happened long before I was born but very close to the house where I was born and the wartime army camp nearby. One of the young sprog soldiers who guarded the wreckage until the RAF arrived, later married my mother and I arrived in due course!

This was fighter country and a bomber coming down was unheard of, so when I read the story just a few years ago I started to research the squadron and it developed from there. This particular pilot went on to serve in the Korean War.

Thanks

Before his operational duties Marczak served at No4 Air Gunnery School where he was target towing. I have researched his target tow operator a man who subsequently was awarded the AFM for his duties with Marczak.
    I have the snippet of information for you in that post war he was the landlord of the White Lion Hotel in Pemberton.
    I hope this helps but suspect you have this information.
    Colin

Thanks

Thanks Colin,

I did have that information. I have been working with his grandson and will soon be able to publish a story of his life up to his untimely death at the age of 52. The only things I am missing are crew photos from 304 Squadron during the war and 209 Squadron during the Korean War.

Thanks

Please pass onto the grandson the fact that he is mentioned in my book 'Glorious in Solitude'. It is only in passing and connected to his target tow operator, however he may be interested www.colinpateman.com
    I confess I thought I had a photo, I will continue to search for it.

Thanks

Has anyone contacted the Sikorsky Institute about this?
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Thanks Bruce,

That might not be a bad idea in the longer term but I only have a very short time to complete this project and I have been trying to find a Polish Air Force researcher who might have one. I have a photograph of Rudolf Marczak in uniform and a group photo would have been a bonus.