Thread: George Keith Moor

Thanks

Default George Keith Moor

George died on 7 September 1958 as a result of his Hunter F6 (XG133) stalling after taking off from Duxford.

His plane hit the ground, exploded killing George.

Does anyone out there have information on George or his aircraft.

He is remembered on a headstone in a local cemetery where I am researching over 250 men and women who died as a result of conflict.

Thank you in anticipation

Carol

Thanks

Hello Carol

Welcome to RAFCommands.

George Keith Moore (with an e on the end of Moore), is listed in the National Probate Calendar on ancestry.co.uk. as follows:

MOORE George Keith of 73 Townley Road, Lupset, Wakefield died 7 September 1958 at Duxford, Cambridgshire. Administration Wakefield 24 November to George Gilbert Moore, civil servant.

It seems there is an accident report into the crash at the National Archives, but it hasn't been digitised:

http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ils/r/C6578704

but there are a few details here, including Flying Officer Moore's service number 2772919:

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=144567

From FreeBMD it looks like Moore was born in 1937 in Wakefield, his birth being registered in September of that year.

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you Simon, for the information - I had probate and birth, but you have given me other sources that seemed to be missing from my very quick search for him.

Reason for looking for him. I am researching over 250 men and women who died as a result of conflict or during service who rest or are remembered in a local cemetery. The family headstone gives details basic details of his death, but curiosity took over. As I am not as familiar with RAF sources as I am with military, this forum seemed an ideal place to visit - I am glad I did.

Thank you for pointing me in another direction

Carol

Thanks

Cheers Col.

The R O H gives Church Fenton, while his family headstone tells Duxford.

Don't you just love families that give specific information - even tho' they sometimes are generous with the facts

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Quote Originally Posted by COL BRUGGY View Post