Thread: 156 Squadron website and webmaster

Thanks

Default 156 Squadron website and webmaster

Does anyone know if the owner of this 156 squadron site is still extent or contactable. I have emailed the addresses on it.

http://www.156squadron.com

Cheers. Sorry asking.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

I am sure Robin will answer up in due course, but if he does not, I have an alternative email address for him.

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Cool. Cheers. Just my December impatience.

Good to know. Incase your in touch with him could you give me a quick mention. Just incase the sute adress is not accessable.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Will do, amigo!

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Dear Mr. Burke,
    Dear Dennis,
    My name is Jan Willems. I am an 65 years old/young Belgian resident ...
    So first, I would like to apologize for my English language errors because Dutch is my mother language.
    In the second place I also want to excuse me for bothering you with this 'private message'.
    But what is the reason for this/my e-mail to you ????
    On the forum of the "156squadron website" I accidentally noticed that a certain Mr. Kehoe was asking (in 2005 !!!) for some information about the circumstances in which his uncle Thomas Kehoe has crashed on June 02, 1942 with his aircraft in World War II. This has happened in a little village named 'Brussegem' in Belgium on his return from bombing the German city of Essen.
    Because I am born in Brussegem and I, am also very interested in the local history of Brussegem, I started some research and wanted to inform Mr. Kehoe about my (first) findings by entering a reply on the forum of the 156th squadron.
    Because I did not see any reaction on the forum (on my input) I decided to send a private message to Mr. Kehoe. Unfortunately I immediately received an automatic reply, telling me that my e-mail message could not be delivered to the addressee.
    So I tried to contact the webmaster of that forum via a private message in order to get some more information about the forum member Mr. Kehoe.
    But also here, I immediately received an automatic response that my e-mail to the webmaster was undeliverable.
    Because I am a go-getter I did not give up and tried to find another way to make contact with that webmaster by 'googling' ... and so I discovered your request of January the 2nd, 2016 on the forum of the "Royal Air Force Commands", asking : " Does anyone know if the owner of this 156 squadron site is still extent or contactable ?".
    On that forum I have also read that a forum member, named Jonny, pretended/promised to forward you an alternative address of that webmaster.
    So, the reason for contacting you through this private mail message is : has "Jonny" forwarded you already an/the address via which you could come into contact with the webmaster of the 156squadron website ? ... and/or (even better) do you have any idea in which way I can find the address of the Mr. Kehoe who was/is still looking for some information about his fallen uncle ? (I do not know which opportunities are available in Great Britain to become someone's address).
    Hereunder you can find the mail (text) that I wanted to forward to Mr. Kehoe (I suppose that I cannot forward you the jpg-annexes via this private message).
    Dear Mr. Burke, I hope that you understand my 'Dutch-English' and I also hope that you can help me finding the webmaster of the 156squadron website and/or a way to find Mr. Kehoe.
    Kind regards.
    (and sorry if my request does not sound polite ... but that is due to my limited knowledge of the English vocabulary)
    Jan Willems
    my personal e-mail address : janwillems@telenet.be

The e-mail I want(ed) to send to Mr. Kehoe :
    Dear Mr.Kehoe,
    My name is Jan Willems. I am 64,5 years and I am living in Belgium.
    Sorry for my language errors, but my mother language is Dutch.
    From 1951 until 1975 I was a resident of the (little) village Brussegem where I spent my childhood and youth.
    It was in that village where, during World War II your uncle T.J. Kehoe died on June 02, 1942 with the crew of the Wellington DV786 of the 156th squadron.
    Brussegem is a little village, about 15 km in the N.W. of Brussels.
    On the forum of "www.156squadron.com" I accidentally found your message, posted in 2005, December 19 wherein you write that you are looking for some information about the circumstances of that fatal crash where your uncle, Mr. Thomas Kehoe has died.
    Because I am, in my freetime, an amateur researcher of the local history of my birthplace (village), I have started to find some more information about the crash of your uncle 's fighter- or bomber plane.
    But it is not so easy because most residents of that time are meanwhile deceased. So I will have to contact some descendants (sons or daughters) to whom the parents told about that crash in World War II.
    I do not know whether you already succeeded in gathering some details (probably) through the Royal Air Force datbases and/or through some contacts with the family of the other crew members.
    Enclosed I forward you a Google-view of the meadow where your uncle crashed as well as an greater overview where you can see the distance to Brussels.
    I send you also a copy of the 'Operations Record Book ' of the R.A.F. where the crash of June 2, 1942 was noticed.
    I have also a picture of the (military) graveyard in Brussels and a photo of the Gravestone of your uncle.
    In the coming weeks I will try to visit some people who have lived in the neighbourhood of the place where the aircraft crashed. Possibly they can tell me some details about the crash (details which they were told by their parents).
    Would you be so kind to send me some information you have about the deadly crash of your uncle ? I will be pleased to read it ! (and maybe it can help me in my search in Brussegem for more info).
    Once again : sorry for my language errors. I hope you understand what I wanted to tell you.
    Kind regards,
    Jan Willems
    Belgium

Thanks

Hi Jan

I am still hoping to hear from Robin who runs the 156 sqn website. Cannot help you I'm afraid.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hi Jonny.

could I call in a favour, could you give Robin a heads up that I woukd really love to hear from him.

Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Robin Riley died in May of this year.

Thanks

Oh good lord, thats terrible new.
    RIP Robin

I wonderful amount of work in that website.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Very sad news ... Robin was instrumental in setting up the 101 Data base on the back of his 156 website ..
    RIP Robin
    ... does anyone know if the hosting of the site has been taken over ?
    Regards
    Gary