Thread: F/S Caldwell, James,

Thanks

Default F/S Caldwell, James,

I have only just seen the below archived post from 2007 concerning this - the originator was 'Andy.'
    If this is still of interest, I would like to add the following: I have photographs of the funeral in Fayid and was a pall-bearer at the time. I was in the gymnasium at the time of this crash and heard the explosion. I also attended the crash site. Should Andy or anyone with interest wish copies or further information re this, please contact me. Don Crossley.

More local men

More local men
    Author: Andy
    Time Stamp:
    12:46:16 13 September 2007
    Please can someone provide me with details on the following casualties?F/S Caldwell, James, 1672397, 178 Squadron, killed 21st January 1946 (buried Fayid War Cemetery)
    F/S F. R. Young, 562355,624 Squadron, killed 27th March 1945(buried Ancona War Cemetery
    Sgt. (Pilot) S. W. Poyntz,1518262, RAFVR, killed 21st September 1943 (buried Truro (Terrace Hill) Cemetery, Nova Scotia)
    Many thanks.
    Andy.

Thanks

Hello DonCrossley1024,
    Welcome to the forum. 'Andy' has not logged on to the forum for a few years, so I have sent a message through the only contact method we have to contact him although there is no way to know yet if his contact details are still up to date. Keep watching for a response and perhaps someone else reading this will haveknow how to contact him.

Regards,
    Bruce Dennis
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Default Re Lancaster crash at Fayid

Thank you for this Bruce. I realise it's a bit of a long shot given the date of the original post. As mentioned I have photos showing the crash at Fayid of the 178 Sqdn Lancaster and other relevant photos. I have actually elaborated on this much more in a chapter of a book I have written about my experiences in Bomber Command. It would be good to think I could be of help to any members of the surviving families of those who were lost in this particular accident.