Thread: Operations reports for night of 8/9 June 1944

Thanks

Default Operations reports for night of 8/9 June 1944

Does anyone have the reports for operations carried out on the night of 8/9 June 1944 by any chance? I have the ORBs of a number of squadrons involved, but my real interest is in conditions over East Anglia. What information I have suggests the area was covered by stratus, base between 500 and 800 ft.

Brian

Thanks

Brian

Night Raid Report shows:

Weather Forecast: Bases: Broken stratus cumulus and 10/10ths medium. Local rain and patches of cloud below 1,000ft.
    Weather Experienced: Bases: Rain became widespread by 02.00 and cloud fell below 700ft in patches. Visibility was poor and diversions were arranged.

Not sure if this answers your question, but thought I would post it for you.

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

It is exactly what I need, Pete. I thought it would be something like that as warm sector conditions were covering East Anglia, but the charts I was looking at are a bit short of 'real' data.

Much appreciated, thank you.

Brian