Thread: SOE personnel files - access to

Thanks

Default SOE personnel files - access to

I know this is slightly off topic, but given the number of experts in this forum, I'll try anyhow.

In the NA I have found a record on Danish SOE agent Erik Flemming von Holck. It is in the following series: HS 9, Special Operations Executive: Personnel Files (PF Series)
    http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/displaycataloguedetails.asp?CATID=-4654540&CATLN=7&accessmethod=5&j=1

The record states that the availability is: "Closed Or Retained Document, Open Description, Closed For 74 years. This document was closed under the Public Records Act or is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. It is possible to request a review of the information it contains under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and this will trigger a review."

I am in contact with a next of kin of this person, who is interested in information on the service of his relative.

Would any of you have experiences getting access to these records?

Regards,
    Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

If you email the NA with details of when the man died I think they will open the records without further ado. You wil, of course, have to offer proof that he is deceased.
    I had a similar proble with 3 Dutch agents and sent the NA photographs of their graves and that was sufiicient.