Thread: Polish RAF Pilot OLEK ALEKSANDER

Robin Sanderson Guest

Default Polish RAF Pilot OLEK ALEKSANDER

I have inherited many private letters,insignia,books,photos (in Hurricane/Spifire? cockpit) of General Sikorsky in Scotland inspecting Free Polish,etc from my mother who lived in Kenley.They are from a Polish Sargeant pilot OLEK ALEKSANDER who was shot down and killed after the Battle of Britain 1942/3 ? I believe. I am keen to discover his squadron ( 302 based in Kenley?) and service history with a view to maybe publishing his letters and tracing any family.
    As I am married to a Polish national I may be able perhaps to trace any family in Poland with a fuller story.At the least, pass on to my sons (half Polish) some fuller part of Poland's heritage.
    Monte Cassino Quote:
    " For Freedom,we Polish soldiers have given our bodies to the (Italian) soil,our souls to God and our hearts to Poland"
    Robin Sanderson Paris

Thanks

Hi Robin, I can recommend you Polish Institute in London where are information about all Polish airmen. I have good experience with them and the basic info held there about the service of each airmen can bee good starting poit for your further research.

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

For Polish units information I can recommend you excellet site http://www.geocities.com/skrzydla/

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Sanderson View Post
    I have inherited many private letters,insignia,books,photos (in Hurricane/Spifire? cockpit) of General Sikorsky in Scotland inspecting Free Polish,etc from my mother who lived in Kenley.They are from a Polish Sargeant pilot OLEK ALEKSANDER who was shot down and killed after the Battle of Britain 1942/3 ? I believe. I am keen to discover his squadron ( 302 based in Kenley?) and service history with a view to maybe publishing his letters and tracing any family.
    As I am married to a Polish national I may be able perhaps to trace any family in Poland with a fuller story.At the least, pass on to my sons (half Polish) some fuller part of Poland's heritage.
    Monte Cassino Quote:
    " For Freedom,we Polish soldiers have given our bodies to the (Italian) soil,our souls to God and our hearts to Poland"
    Robin Sanderson Paris
    Olek is short from Aleksander, so it is his first name only. With a brief look into my papers I can say that something does not fit. Could you check if his surname appears elsewhere? Perhaps you can post a photo of him as well?

Thanks

I have checked all killed fighter pilots with the first name Aleksander. They were Chudek, Narucki, Pietrzak, Popławski, Wierzejski and Wróblewski. Only Narucki served with 302 Sqn, but he was killed in 1941.