Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sergeant Antony Ostrowski, (RAF 794728) - 305 Squadron - Brazilian in RAF service

Thanks

Default Sergeant Antony Ostrowski, (RAF 794728) - 305 Squadron - Brazilian in RAF service

Good morning to all.

Sergeant Antony Ostrowski, (RAF 794728), born in São Paulo-SP, on the 13th November 1910, from Polish origins was killed in action as an air-gunner with 305 Squadron, a board the Wellington Mark IV, serial number Z1476, on the night of 23 to 24th September 1942.

I would like to know if some Historians/former veterans do have any pictures of this particular Brazilian airman? If possible, I would like to obtain some help to track down his previous missions with 305 Squadron (if someone do have the 305 Squadron ORB).

Thank you very much.

Adriano S. Baumgartner (researching and writting about the Brazilians in WW2 RAF Service)
    baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br

Thanks

Hello Adriano,

This is the information I have on Sgt Antoni Ostrowski:

Ostrowski Antoni
    Sao Paolo
    Brazil
    Quiberon, France
    Sgt
    st. szeregowy
    Air Gunner
    305 Sqdn
    Last posting RAF Hemswell

23/24 September 1942. Vickers Wellington Z1476 (SM-F) probably shot down by a fighter while laying mines near Brest. The whole crew were lost. They were: F/O Rodzynkiewicz, F/O Ostaszewski, Sgt Pruchniewicz, Sgt Sekowski and Sgt Ostrowski.

I also have a photograph of him. I will find it and send it to your email address.

Regards
    Nevile

Thanks

Hello ,

Sgt Ostrowski flew from 6 september 42 untill his dead 4 missions with the squadron.

Regards

Alain12

Thanks

His nephews, Marceli and Edward (+1944) also served with the PAF. Marceli now lives in Canada, he published his memoirs just few years ago, in Polish. Not sure if there is any English version.

Thanks

Franek, are you sure with Edward?

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...45-No-10-A-G-S

According to Krzystek pg. 395-396 it would be 794586 Edmund + 22.2.44 and P-2321 Marceli Ostrowski.

Edmund: http://listakrzystka.pl/en/?p=209460

Pavel
    Last edited by CZ_RAF; 12th February 2016 at 20:31. Reason: added link
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Very excited to encounter this thread. I have been working with Quiberon Museum on their local WW2 RAF deaths. In 2004, as a D-Day commemoration a ceremony was held at Quiberon Cemetery in which Antony was included along with the Polish flag and national anthem. I hope I will click the correct buttons and this message will have attached a photo of his grave and my listing of his ops from AIR27/1672 [IMG]Ostrowski's grave[/IMG] [IMG]Ostrowski's operations.[/IMG]. Nevile - I would very much like to have a copy of your photograph of him. Thank you.

Thanks

Hmmm, the attachment s haven't come on to my message. But the items will be e-mailed to anybody interested.

Thanks

I also have a 7 AGS group photo which includes 794591 Marceli Ostrowski

Thanks

Hello Flakdodger,

I have not mastered the art of posting pictures on this forum. However, if you would care to email me, I would be very hapy to email you the picture, but please be aware the quality is not brilliant. My email is nevillebougourd@gmail.com

Thanks

Oops, yes, sorry, Edmund, I was writing in haste.
    Flakdodger, if your photos do not come from Marceli Ostrowski, would not you mind forwarding them to him?