Thread: Havoc Blenheim crash Manston 1941

Thanks

Default Havoc Blenheim crash Manston 1941

On or around the 25 July 1941 a 23 Squadron Havoc diverted to Manston on returning from offensive operations overnight.
    The 23 Sqd ORB is not at all detailed simply advising basic facts around three days events. A secondary source has advised the involvement of a Blenheim.
    I would like to establish the identities of both the Havoc and Blenheim aircraft that were probably written off in an accident that took place with the departure of the Havoc once the weather lifted.

Thus far my attempts have not progressed very well and I hope that the forum may be able to help me. Presumably classed as a ground incident I am unaware if these have any formal RAF registration.

Thank you.

Thanks

Hello,

No.23 Sqn Havoc I, possibly, AW402 (Intruder) - 23 Sqn - Crashed 26.7.41.

See: A-B RAF A/C AA100 to AZ999 p.146

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 17th February 2016 at 07:23.

Thanks

Colin.

Top notch information, definitely that will be the Havoc involved and the date indicates an early hours incident on the 26 July.
    My old Air Britain has AW402 page 103 same entry.

Thanks

With help having identified the Havoc this incident I move on to gather what information possible from an accident card registration. Alas this incident has no accident card in the archives. Never mind the forum did provide some progression for me for which I am grateful.