Thread: Locations of 2 Wg 4RC and HQs 34, 35 and 36 Wings

Thanks

Default Locations of 2 Wg 4RC and HQs 34, 35 and 36 Wings

I'd be grateful for the location of 2Wg 4RC in November 1940 - the man in question had mustered as a wireless operator..

Also what were the locations of HQs 34, 35 and 36 Wings (Nov-Oct 1942) - by this time my man had remustered as a meteorologist after suffering severe injuries during the Swansea Blitz of 18 Jan 1941 and spending the next 16 months in hospital and recuperation.

Brian

Thanks

Brian

"RAF FT&SU since 1912" has:

4 Recruit Centre: Bridgnorth

There are no specific locations for 34, 35 and 36 Wing HQ shown but it states:

34 Wing: Attached to Eastern Command HQ, Luton Hoo
    35 Wing: Attached to South Eastern Command HQ, Reigate
    36 Wing: Attached to Southern Command HQ, Wilton, Salisbury

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

A tremendous help, thank you, Peter. 34, 35 and 36 Wings appear to be 'Army Cooperation', which makes sense in respect of my man.

Brian

Thanks

Hi Brian,

No.34 (Army Co-operation) Wing was definitely part of Army Co-operation Command. 1416 Flight/140 Squadron was part of this Wing until Army Co-operation Command was disbanded on 01 Jun 43 and the Wing was re-designated No.34 (Photographic Reconnaissance) Wing and became part of the newly formed Tactical Air Force.

Best Regards

Andy Fletcher
    Per Speculationem Impellor ad Intelligendum

Thanks

Default Eastern Air Command query

Thank you for the confirmation, Andy.

I'm also having difficulty interpreting a couple of other entries. He is recorded as joining the strength of EAC Africa on 5 February 1943; the abbreviations document accompanying service records has EAC as being Eastern Air Command. However, what little I can find on the Internet places EAC in India. The next entry is "DIS NWA BPD"; I get the BPD (Base Personnel Depot) but not the other two abbreviations- would appreciate some advice.

Brian