Thread: Westward Hospital, Newquay in WW2

Thanks

Default Westward Hospital, Newquay in WW2

Can anyone from the West Country please help with a simple query? I have the records of a Polish airman during World War II and they state that he was sent to Westward Hospital, Newquay, Cornwall but I have been unable to find this establishment.

My question is this: has it just changed its name, was it a requisitioned building or does it no longer exist? The date of the entry is 2nd August 1943. At this time, his Squadron were based at RAF Davidstow Moor - if that helps. Many thanks.

Thanks

The Headland Hotel and the Atlantic Hotel were used as convalescent hospitals, and somewhere among my many photo's, i have one of a group of "recovering" airmen at the Atlantic, but which one the Polish chap is referring to, i don't know.

Thanks

Thanks AlanW, at least that's a start! The records just state that he went to the Westward Hospital on that date but do not mention when he was discharged but the next entry is six weeks later later so he could have been medium or short term illness or injury.
    Neville