Thread: Meteorological Officer Service Numbers

Thanks

Default Meteorological Officer Service Numbers

Hello, All,
    I'm engaged in the monumental task of trying to correlate all the Met Officers who were in uniform during WW2. Many volunteered, but the critical date is 1 Apr 43 when all those (fit!!) Forecasters were Commissioned into the RAFVR. I have them all on a spreadsheet. There are some gaps in the sequential numbering system.
    I'm not an expert with The London Gazette - and I know it has "off days"!!! - but if some kind colleague on this Forum could interrogate the LG to check that nothing comes up for RAFVR Officer Numbers 132280, 132285, and 140039 then I will know that there are "gaps" in the numbering system (and I promise not to bother you any more!!)
    TIA
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Default 132280

Peter,

Found one entry in LG of 30 March 1945.

METEOROLOGICAL BRANCH - Appointed to Commission as Sqn. Ldr. (emergency) eff. 15 Feb 1945 - Lewis Jacobs (132280).

There were hits on the other two s/n you provided, however they were army officers.

Cheers, Ken

Thanks

Ken, Hi,
    Very many tks for yr time and effort. I thought it might just be me!!! It has 'proved' that there are 'holes' in the numbering system and that I might expect to find the odd blank number. On 1 Apr 43 some 719 Met Forecasters were Commissioned into the RAFVR from Plt Off to Sqn Ldr.
    Tks again
    Peter Davies