Thread: Missing Research & Enquire Service casualty reports

Thanks

Default Missing Research & Enquire Service casualty reports

Hi all,

These documents are listed in the NA's online catalogue under AIR 81 but with the remark "records not yet transferred".

When I enquired about this I received following reply which I gather may be of interest to some of you :

Thank you for this enquiry. I can confirm that the Ministry of Defence Air Historical Branch still holds the RAF casualty packs for the Second World War. A number of technical archival issues relating to these records have recently been sorted out, and I expect the Ministry to start work on transferring them in the near future. We do not, however, have a projected transfer date yet.

Unquote

Hopefully the eventual transfer to the NA will make these documents more accessible to researchers as the AHB requires proof of kinship before releasing any information and then only in edited form.

Regards,
    Walter

Thanks

It is worth noting that WW2 casualty files for RCAF aircrew at Library and Archives Canada often contain copies of the MREU reports. With many 'mixed' crews, I have found them to be a goldmine for RAF orientated research.

Good news on the potential transfer though!

Cheers

Jonny

Thanks

Default RAAF files

It goes without saying that the same is true of Australian files, sometimes already digitised, but available on request plus a fee.
    Max