Thread: Pathfinder Association

Thanks

Default Pathfinder Association

Pathfinder Association

Can anyone advise me when the Pathfinder Association was formed and when it was dissolved.
    A supplementary question: does anyone have copies of ‘The Marker’, the associations journal or has the associations tie lurking in the back of a cupboard. I’d like to know the pattern.
    I have a few of the journals from the 1950’s that I can share if interested.(scanned into pdf files)

My thanks,
    Paul H

Thanks

I would think that the Pathfinder museum at RAF Wyton would be a good starting point and it might also prove to be a library source of The Marker.

As recently as the 1960s there was a club in London and, although it is no longer there, I believe that surviving pathfinders still have their association and an annual dinner in the mess at Wyton. In 1994, I helped the then stn cdr at Wyton with some information for his after dinner speech to the association, where Mrs Ly Bennett was the principal guest. Furthermore, when the four 'pavilions' of the Logistic Command HQ were named after Bennett and the three 8 Group VC winners, I drafted the summaries for each of these men that were later turned in to the framed citations which were hung in the entrance of each pavilion.

The tie, as worn by my then boss (1967-69), was maroon in colour with diagonal rows of the PFF badge in gold. I cannot say whether there were any other background colours available.

Colin Cummings

Thanks

Thanks Colin,
    Its easy to overlook the obvious!!
    I'll contact the museum. Good information re the tie.

Paul H

Thanks

There is a tie lurking in the cupboard, but not sure if it is a Pathfinder one or not.It has a navy background with blue and gold diagonal stripes.(blue wider than the gold). In between each row there is a diagonal row of gold Pathfinder badges. (or Eagles). Makers name Toye Kenn & Spencer.
    Can't find any copy of Journal.
    Regards
    Mag