Thread: Charles Peter Ernest Schalburg (182128, RAFVR)

Thanks

Default Charles Peter Ernest Schalburg (182128, RAFVR)

Son of a Danish father and RAF serviceman, Charles P E Schalburg in born in Surrey in 1921, and thus presumably British subject, and not one of "my Danes."
    http://www.danishww2pilots.dk/profiles.php?alpha=s&id=83

Anyway, I like to learn more about him, apart from the LG information I have been able to gather about his appointments 1944-46.

Would anyone be able to provide unit information or the like?

regards,
    Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

From Births and Deaths:
    Born 3rd June 1921. Birth registered in Reigate, Surrey with his mothers maiden name given as Watson. Passed away March 1986 in Lewisham.

Hope that helps a little!

Tom

Thanks

If you search Schalburg in the phone book for Kent you get a couple of hits as well. With such an unusual name i'm sure they shall be related. Might be worth following up if you wished?

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

Thanks Tom, ancestry.co.uk subscriber myself I had these pieces of info. The Kent connection might be worth a try.

He is the son of Ernst Schalburg, but from the second mariage. Two children from the first might confuse the picture.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War