Thread: Index Of RAF Form Numbers

Thanks

Default Index Of RAF Form Numbers

Hello All,
    Is there a list somewhere of all the RAF Form Numbers? I’ve fumbled about on this forum, but failed to find anything. I have to assume there was/is an AP dealing with the subject which runs to several volumes. It’s no doubt hidden somewhere in TNA, but I do tend to have ‘differences of opinion’ with them as to how they should be interrogated!!
    Then, what happened to all those RAF Form Numbers when the RAF became a subset of MoD?
    Then, what happened to those Form Numbers when bits of the RAF/MoD were hived off to become Agencies (in my own experience the Demand Form 600 became a Form 600(Met), etc)?
    Somebody(s) must have worked at this problem. I would be grateful for a steer in that direction.
    Or is the subject a PhD Thesis in the making???
    Or, alternatively, if the subject has been thoroughly 'gone over', and I've failed to find it, I apologise.
    TIA
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

For the more modern ones eg RAF/MoD etc, assuming you are still on talking terms with Mr Google, then they can be found on the web via open government, or at least title.

Some of Demand Form 600 are listed here in the RA
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...tial_Issue.pdf

Usually along with the web RA are examples of the form.

eg for the flavours of Form 700 for the Seaking
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ing__RAF_.pdf2

Some post war and wartime forms can be found this way as well.

Manual of Admin has a paper list of the more common but apart from that AHB and RAF Museum is a hit and miss source.

That should give you some things at the local Internet Cafe to try while awaiting IT Consultant to remove your shoe from the Gazette/TNA search engine results page on your home computer.

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Ahh I see the Black Range Rover Vogue travelling down the M4 to London have linked my Form 700 link to Peter Davies.

Stick RAF Form 700 into your TOR browser while wearing tin foil beannie hat to circumvent their tracker.
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.

Thanks

Ross,
    Mni tks - I take yr point(s). OK, here is Test Piece (Met personnel need not respond).
    F 2309
    F 2312
    F 2330
    F 2324
    There are others, but as in the case of Forms 600/700 etc, they went through several (many?) versions over the years. I was simply trying to find an Index whereby one could input details on an "occasional basis" - as with our "Unaccounted . . " series.
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    PS It's a small dark green Ford!!!

Thanks

Ahh

For digging up dinosaur and met office fossils you need to substitute Air Ministry for RAF

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/it...ation/50002451

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?15439-Weather-Forecast-Form-2330

Other sources can be via the forum for private collections

http://www.rafaircraftaccidents.com/IMG_0001.JPG
    Ross
    Last edited by Ross_McNeill; 13th June 2016 at 17:48.

Thanks

What about AP 113 (Lists all RAF official Forms and Publications), and issued at irregular intervals. This should be the first port of call. I imagine that some of these must be held by the RAF Museum.
    David D

Thanks

Ross/David,
    Mni tks yr responses. AP 113 looks as if it is what I was looking for!
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Not had much luck with AP113 for Forms- that's why I mentioned hit and miss with AHB/RAF Museum.

Problem is that the AP113 document was subject to many reprints and extensive amendment. Publications traces are better than Forms.

The normal repositories have not retained many of the reprints and certainly few that are representative of the pre war and wartime period. Most are cold war era where superseded Forms are no longer listed.

For example i was trying to identify the F1179/1180/1181/1182 series. AHB showed a copy of AP113 which only referenced F1180 all other being omitted completely (not even marked as Superseded/Not Issued etc).

Initially this was used to s ay that Form 1179/1181 and 1182 did not exist, but after providing copies of F1179 and F1182 obtained from AHB microfilm supplied to RAF Museum they went back to see if the forms could be found in early AP113.

Final result was no trace found in AP113s but accepted that the forms had been in use for almost 10 years in Air Ministry/RAF daily use.

Ross
    Last edited by Ross_McNeill; 14th June 2016 at 11:03.