Thread: 92i300 flight Sergeant Godfrey Jones Oliver

Thanks

Default 92i300 flight Sergeant Godfrey Jones Oliver

Hi
    I'm looking for more information on my Great Uncle Godfrey Jones Oliver. I have found an archived thread started by Militarymike and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to expose more info. It's really very important that my dad gets the info as he was 6 when his uncle (brother of his mum) went missing in March 1944.
    Many thanks
    Paul Huddleston

Thanks

Paul, welcome to the forum.
    You’ve got most of the info from that archived thread.
    928300 Enlisted Uxbridge Sept 1939
    104 Sqn based Foggia Main at the time. Wellington X, LN718 FTR from raid on Padua Marshalling Yard. Sgt J H Greenslade, Fg Off J B Poad, and Fg Off N E Blight, also killed.
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Paul.

You can obtain his service record from the RAF; details as to how to proceed can be found at https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-pers...sonnel-records . The documents will provide details of the units with which he served, but not his day to day (operations) activities. Once you know the flying units with which he served you can use the Operations Record Books (ORB) to identify the operations on which he flew. An ORB is basically a diary for the unit concerned. Should you need further advice please do not hesitate to ask.

Good hunting

Brian