Thread: Sgt William O'Brien Discharged under Kings Regulation AP 938 para 163

Thanks

Default Sgt William O'Brien Discharged under Kings Regulation AP 938 para 163

I am researching my family history and have managed to get my Grandfathers RAF records he enlisted in 1919 by 1939 he was with Squadron 605.
    Can someone please tell me what Discharged under Kings Regulation AP 938 para 163 is or where I can find out further information, there are missing dates in his file.

Thanks

You need to be more specific about when your grandfather was discharged. As the regulations changed, so did the paragraph numbers.

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waallsop View Post
    I am researching my family history and have managed to get my Grandfathers RAF records he enlisted in 1919 by 1939 he was with Squadron 605.
    Can someone please tell me what Discharged under Kings Regulation AP 938 para 163 is or where I can find out further information, there are missing dates in his file.
    Hello Waallsop and Welcome

Mine are all A.P. 958, but you said A.P. 938

TNA, Kew, Catalogue Reference:-
    http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ils/r/C3303931

AIR 10/955
    Regulations for the RAF Reserve, including the Reserve of Air Force Officers and men of the RAF Reserve Provisional
    Date 1923
    Note: Amendment Lists: 1-5
    AP No. 938

[In 1923 the first Edition of the Regulations regarding the Reserve Services were published.]

You may need to look for an Edition closer to when the event occurred to see any latest amendment to the Paragraph (if amended), but the one above might help? Bear in mind later editions, may have some paragraph numbers deleted.

If you visit TNA, Kew, ensure you have official photo ID (Passport / Driving Licence) and two forms of RECENT printed name and home address ID (posted to your home address) to get a Readers Ticket, enquire if in doubt before going.

Mark

EDIT
    Seems there were several Editions (The Edition listed above, has Amendment Lists 1 to 5 so this looks to be later than the 1923 1st Ed, with those Amendment Lists incorporated - see below).

A List of Government Publications published for 1936 says ...
    https://archive.org/stream/consolidatedlist009716mbp
    See page 140

Reserve (R.A.F.) Regulations, including the Reserve of Air Force Officers and Men of the Royal Air Force Reserve, (A.P. 938), 3rd Edition, 1932. Amendment List No. 5, December, 1935.

Therefore, it would appear AIR 10/955 at TNA, is the 1923 Edition amended to 1935, if it has Amendment Lists 1 - 5 incorporated. Sometimes these copies are the original Edition PLUS the Amendment sheets loose, or cut into strips and pasted in, on the relevant pages, or a Reprint (with Edition / Reprint date on the cover).
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 8th September 2016 at 21:24.