Thread: Edward Roy Kershaw

Thanks

Default Edward Roy Kershaw

Hi All,

Probably not the right forum to ask this question but somebody may be able to help or point me in the right direction.

I have been asked by the son of Edward Roy Kershaw to see if I can find any details regarding his fathers time as a pilot in the Fleet Air Arm during WW2. This guy never knew his father although he knows he was originally in the Navy before joining the FAA sometime during the war.

He said that his father survived the war and was known by his middle name, Roy. Not a lot to go on but you never know.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Simon

Thanks

Hi Simon,

Has Kershaw's son attempted to obtain his father's service record from the Navy? As a start go to http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/UKRNPersonnel.html. I suspect the process (and associated difficulties) will be much the same as has been recently discussed on this forum.

Brian

Thanks

Default Great War Forum

Simon,

I suggest you post your enquiry on the Great War Forum "The War in the Air" subforum.

http://www.1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/

Thanks

Thanks Brian & Ken,

I have suggested he obtain his service record as that will make things easier.

Apparently he was an officer so would he be mentioned in the London Gazette? I have had a brief look with no result.

Simon