Thread: Whitley Mk.V Photo

Thanks

Default Whitley Mk.V Photo

Hi all,

I wonder if any of the contributors on this site have a photo of a Whitley Mk.V which can I can use in a book which will be going to print in the next few weeks.

I'm looking for a photo showing a good overall view of the aircraft, possibly from the side.

Thanks,
    Jim Corbett

Thanks

There is a nice side-view picture of a Mk V on the wiki article on the Whitley:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armstrong_Whitworth_Whitley

Or if you want one with attributal copyright you can get copies of pictures from the IWM. There are lots of nice shots on their database:

http://www.iwmcollections.org.uk/qryPhotoImg.asp
    (search for Whitley)

A

Thanks

Hi Jim,
    There are one or two on here but all small. If its for publishing purposes you will need one that can be blown to about 1,600 so, you need a high res one. I think you will be better off at one of the museums unless some kind soul has a good copy. Museums tend to charge a lot.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.

Thanks

Thanks to you both for the replies.

I'm looking for something from a private collection ideally as we have a very limited budget for using copyright material and I believe a good proportion of this has gone to using the photos held at the NA showing the crash of Varsity WL640 near Hexham.

Robert - you may be interested in our book as it covers crashed over the North East of England. Not sure of the title at the moment but the publisher is Countryside Books.

Thanks,
    Jim Corbett