Thread: 432 RCAF Squadron Divert to Woolfox Lodge

Thanks

Default 432 RCAF Squadron Divert to Woolfox Lodge

Hi,

I am told that 432 RCAF Squadron diverted to RAF Woolfox Lodge on the morning of July 6th on return from a raid on a V1 site in France. I have conflicting numbers of aircraft 4, 6 and 8 Halifaxes, can anyone please confirm the numbers. Also, information recently received states that two of the aircraft were damaged and required repair before being flown back to their base.

The details are taken from letter from a chap who served at Woolfox Lodge at the time, and pointers most welcome.

Regards

Steve
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~

Thanks

Hello Steve. You are correct about 432 Sq landing at Woolfax Lodge, Wittering, Tuddenham, Witchford, Mildenhall and Langar due to weather related issues. Unfortunately nothing is documented, except QO-X landed at Langar. I do not see any aircraft that were damaged in any way. They were ordered by 6 Group to be back in the air before 9:00 am, back to base. Their bomb camera photos were not even processed after landing away. I hope this helps.

Richard

Thanks

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I have just checked the Woolfox Lodge Station Records Book, it reports six Halifax's landed.

Regards

Steven
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~