Thread: ex-members of 66 Sqn

Thanks

Default ex-members of 66 Sqn

Hello,

I'm looking after any kind of information and photograps regarding F/O John Baxter, W/O William Anderson, W/O Eric Freeman and Sergeant Frank Yates.
    All of them left 66 Sqn after disbanment for a posting to 350 Sqn in May 1945.

Best regards,

Serge

Thanks

Hello Serge,

Sorry to "jump" in your thread, but I'm also actually doing some researches about other pilots from Squadron too, but in the summer of 1943. One was F/O A. (Albert ?) Van den Houte (as spellt in the ORB) but also found as Van den Haute. He also served with 350...

My other subjects are F/O (then) Andrew DEYTRIKH, F/Sgt Victor LONNEN, and also S/L K.T. LOFTS. I'm looking for any tips to access their log-books and check them against the ORB for July and August 1943. I know that S/L LOFTS D.F.C. died in a crash in 1951, but may be one of the forumites may have seen his log-book (and the others' too).

regards

Joss

Thanks

Hello Joss

I have only just joined the forum, while doing a little bit of research of my own. I am away from home at the moment and do not have the primary document (my father's log book) that I would use, so I don't have exact dates.

Andrew Deytrikh ("Andy") was a long time friend of my father and mother. My father was John Brunner ("Jack" during the WWII years) and was in 66 Squadron at the same time as Andy Deytrikh. Dad died in December 1999 and my mother Vivien (nee Edmonds and a WAAF during WWII) died last September. She was in touch with Andy for many years after my father died, bit I think lost touch (probably just due to increasing frailty on both their parts) sometime around 2015/2016.

My father was also in 122 Squadron as well as 164. He also was in an ALDS unit for a while (dates for these are not in my head!)

Kind regards
    Mike Brunner

Thanks

Mike Brunner, could you please contact me as I am very interested in the history of John Brunner.

John Engelsted

Thanks

Hello Mike

I'll contact you via pm or e-mail. Thanks for joining the forum.

Joss