Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season's Greetings

Thanks

Default Season's Greetings

Dear all,

I would like to open an annual thread as I would like to thank all members of this forum who have helped me during the past year with my research as without your knowledge and help my research will never be co complete!

Have a nice Christmas time and I wish you good luck in your reserach in 2017 and I hope we will be advicing & helping each other and sometimes also arguing as usually:-)

Big thanks belong to Jagan for keeping this forum going.

My thoughts are with all those who left us this year - R.I.P.

Pavel Vancata
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Well said, Pavel. I would also like to send my compliments to all who contributed to the forum this year and to remember those who have been taken from us. 2016 has been a memorable year for many reasons and we can all take some pleasure from the good work done here to ensure the history of those who served in RAF Commands everywhere is preserved.

Seasons best wishes to all.

Bruce
    Last edited by bruce dennis; 21st December 2016 at 22:00. Reason: finger trouble
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

I couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed by Pavel and Bruce. What I particularly enjoy seeing are old threads being brought back to life when a relative of a lost airman, or woman, comes across the forum and seeks further help - or offers to fill in gaps. And therein lies the forum's true value, helping others expand their ancestry.

Seasons greeting to one and all, may 2017 be as fruitful as the year just passed.

Brian

Thanks

Well said Brian.

Season's greetings to all forumites and the best for 2017 for all.

Joss

Thanks

Pavel

Well said that man. Season's greetings and best wished to one and all. May the forum go from strength to strength in 2017.

Keep up the good work everyone, it's much appreciated! Especially those behind the scenes like Jagan who help to keep the wheels very well oiled.

[I'd insert one of those clapping smiley thingies at this juncture, but we don't seem to have them...]

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Agree all! But my special thanks must go to all those who will be 'On Duty' over the festive season (hospitals, police, fire, ambulance, military, air-traffic, coastguard, etc, etc).
    I thank you!
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Very well said, Pavel and I make your comment mine on this occasion.

Have a nice Christmas time all.

Phil

Thanks

Hi guys

Yes, thanks to one and all - what would we do without this Forum and the new friendships that are made?

My thoughts also go out to all those poor people in the Middle East and elsewhere who have nothing - may 2017 bring peace and a better future for them, and for us all.

Happy Christmas
    Brian

Thanks

I cannot agree more with all the sentiments and comments that have been noted on this thread thank you one and all and please may i wish all a very happy Christmas and a cracking new year the RAF Commands forum is indeed a great institution.

Phill Jones

Thanks

Dear All
    Wishing you all a very happy Christmas. Remembering those who served in the RAF and those who have helped us all uncover the past. As Brian said, it is great to see an old thread come to life and I am sure that those who have left us this year will continue to live on, on this forum for many years to come.
    A happy and peaceful year to you all.
    James