Thread: 405 Sq Combat Reports

Thanks

Default 405 Sq Combat Reports

Good Morning. I have gone through Air 50/248 and downloaded all 405 Sq Combat reports. I know that there were combats on June 2/3,1944 with a JU-88 destroyed, but are no reports for May and June 44 included and nothing after August 1944. Is there another place to look for these?

Thanks Richard

Thanks

Rickard,
    Many combat reports from 1944 and 1945 are missing at the AIR 50 but a few can be found in the Sqn ORB Appendices. I do not know if this applies to the 405 Sqn. Rod Mackenzie informed me that all combat reports from the Canadian units can be found in Canada but unfortunately I do not know were to look for them.

For combats resulting in a claim for destroyed or probably destroyed enemy aircraft a short summary of the combat report can be found in the Monthly Supplementary Narrative of Operations. During June one Ju 88 was claimed destroyed on the night 2/3 and one FW 190 on the night 28/29. Nothing else for the remainder of 1944 but three claims for destroyed Ju 88s in Feb and March 1945. If you cannot find any combat reports I can help you with these summaries.

Cheers,
    Peter