Thread: Any help with this post please Mathias Evans 1913-1944 squadron 635

Thanks

Default Any help with this post please Mathias Evans 1913-1944 squadron 635

hi, i know this is an old thread, but in my research i stumbled upon a Name that i am Researching in my family tree. He is Named Below as P/o Evans.. his full name was Mathias Evans number 177452, died july 6 1944 squadron 635.
    i am looking for any information on him, if at all possible? thank you neil

(Mod: moved from thread '156 Squadron's ND345/GT-C on 20/02/1944' to own thread where it will get more views)

Quote Originally Posted by jossleclercq View Post
    hello Aubrey,

The crew was :
    S/L RICHES, pilot DFC & bar
    F/S HARMAN, flight engineer, DFM
    F/L WATTS, navigator, DFC
    P/O PACK, air bomber, DFM (only survivor, evader)
    W/O REDFERN, wop-ag, MiD
    W/O LOWE, air gunner, DFC
    P/O EVANS, air gunner (no award, buried in Longuenesse, while the other 5 are buried in Millam. Probably survived the crash, taken to the hospital in St Omer where he died of his wounds, hence buried in Longuenesse (St Omer) souvenir cemetery.

Initials and service numbers are in CWGC.

I was thinking of W/C BARRON as well, but didn't have the time to check the Squadron ORB and "By such deeds" and "Chorley volume 5".

Joss
    Last edited by bruce dennis; 7th January 2017 at 19:08.

Thanks

Hi joss my grandfather WRIGLEY, James Act F/Sgt 1029740 LG 2.6.44 was a member of this flight crew. The plane was a Lancaster ja857 codename g-george. He was not on this mission as he had earlier stood in for another navigator thatt had reported in sick.

Thanks

Hi Neal
    Get a look at "Lancaster at War 4: Pathfinder Squadron" by A Thorne It is almost exclusively about 635 Sqn from it's creation in March 1944 to the end of the war., and could have reference to Evans and/ or the loss of his a/c. I know the book exists as I was loaned it to look up something else and returned it to it's owner who was the son of a Sqn Navigator. It seems to be available via Amazon
    Regards
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick; 10th January 2017 at 16:17.

Thanks

Guten Tag! Mein Englisch ist leider nicht so gut deswegen schreibe ich auf Deutsch . Ich befasse mich mit Flugzeugabstürzen im Raum Thüringen und Sachsen Anhalt (Deutschland) . Im Moment befasse ich mich mit der Lancaster JA857 und dessen Besatzung die am 7.3.1945 im Raum Grossneuhausen abgestürzt ist . Vielleicht können sie mir weiter helfen . Bitte schreiben sie mir eine Mail unter rene.schuetz78@gmail.com

Edit by Mod: GOOGLE TRANSLATE produced this...
    "Good day! Unfortunately my English is not that good that's why I write in German. I deal with plane crashes in the area of Thuringia and Saxony Anhalt (Germany). At the moment I am dealing with the Lancaster JA857 and its crew which crashed on the 7.3.1945 in the area Grossneuhausen. Maybe you can help me . Please send me an e-mail at rene.schuetz78@gmail.com"

Welcome to the forum Rene'. Perhaps you could use GOOGLE TRANSLATE for future posts, since the majority of people reading these posts will then be able to help?
    Bruce
    Last edited by bruce dennis; 29th December 2017 at 09:25.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rene1978 View Post
    Guten Tag! Mein Englisch ist leider nicht so gut deswegen schreibe ich auf Deutsch . Ich befasse mich mit Flugzeugabstürzen im Raum Thüringen und Sachsen Anhalt (Deutschland) . Im Moment befasse ich mich mit der Lancaster JA857 und dessen Besatzung die am 7.3.1945 im Raum Grossneuhausen abgestürzt ist . Vielleicht können sie mir weiter helfen . Bitte schreiben sie mir eine Mail unter rene.schuetz78@gmail.com

Edit by Mod: GOOGLE TRANSLATE produced this...
    "Good day! Unfortunately my English is not that good that's why I write in German. I deal with plane crashes in the area of Thuringia and Saxony Anhalt (Germany). At the moment I am dealing with the Lancaster JA857 and its crew which crashed on the 7.3.1945 in the area Grossneuhausen. Maybe you can help me . Please send me an e-mail at rene.schuetz78@gmail.com"

Welcome to the forum Rene'. Perhaps you could use GOOGLE TRANSLATE for future posts, since the majority of people reading these posts will then be able to help?
    Bruce
    Thanks, I´ll do it that way