Thread: 8 FTS Montrose - Aircraft photos

Thanks

Default 8 FTS Montrose - Aircraft photos

Hello to all interested in the RAF and its history,

I have recently come into possession of some aircraft photos taken by Squadron Leader Geoffrey Matheson when he attended 8 FTS in 1937. The dates that each photograph was taken is not recorded. The Aircraft Reg Nos that I can decipher are K7397, K7497, K7483 K4218 and K8263. Is there a place on the web where these images might reside for the interest of others ? At least two of these aircraft are listed as crashed shortly after these photographs were taken.

Best wishes to all,

Howard Eastcott (Howdie)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howdie View Post
    Hello to all interested in the RAF and its history,

I have recently come into possession of some aircraft photos taken by Squadron Leader Geoffrey Matheson when he attended 8 FTS in 1937. The dates that each photograph was taken is not recorded. The Aircraft Reg Nos that I can decipher are K7397, K7497, K7483 K4218 and K8263. Is there a place on the web where these images might reside for the interest of others ? At least two of these aircraft are listed as crashed shortly after these photographs were taken.

Best wishes to all,

Howard Eastcott (Howdie)
    There is an active air museum at Montrose, they might be very interested? www.rafmontrose.org.uk

Keith

Thanks

Hi Howard,
    Audax K7397 crashed on landing at Montrose on 21st March 1940.
    Fury K8263 still survives to this day as small pieces on Tipperwier Hill in Angus where it crashed on 18th January 1938 injuring Pilot Officer John Lauence Allen who was trapped for 24 hours in the wreck. I have photos and newspaper articles of the search and crash if anyone is interested.

Alan.