Thread: Sgt John Hatton killed 3/4/43 (Moved)

Thanks

Default Sgt John Hatton killed 3/4/43 (Moved)

Trying to trace this man : HATTON JOHN

Trade: Air Gunner
    Service No: 1436033
    Date of Death: 03/04/1943
    Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
    Cemetery: AVERHAM (ST. MICHAEL) CHURCHYARD
    Additional Information: Son of Luke Fox Hatton and Mabel Hatton, of Newark.
    I ordered up his death cert and it states killed at Radley Farm Hungerford due to War Operations. Two Wellingtons crashed in the area that night both from 15 OTU. T2809 at Radley Farm but all listings say no injuries and DV833 nearby killing all the crew. Neither list Sgt J Hatton.
    Last edited by noggin1969; 6th March 2017 at 18:48.

Thanks

He was on board T2809

Malcolm

Thanks

Thank you Malcolm.

Thanks

Hello,

The pilot of No.15 OTU Wellington IC T2809 on 3 April, 1943, was - 1253788 F/Sgt (Pilot) Charles Edward FOTHERGILL RAFVR (later 145475 F/L, AFC - 19 OTU - LG:1/1/1946).

Col.

Thanks

Hello all,

My name is Adrian Hatton and this is my first post on here, so please bear with me whilst I find my way on the forum.

I have recently begun researching the life and service career of my uncle Sgt. John Hatton ( my father's elder brother) and will be applying to Cranwell archives next week to request a copy of his service record.

John was the eldest son of Mabel and Luke who farmed at Kelham Hills Farm near Kelham before joining up but my father was still young at that time and very little has survived in family heirlooms or memories so I know next to nothing about him other than that my father thought he went ot Canada during his training (air gunner) before returning to England where he was killed in a mid air collision and he is buried in Averham Church graveyard, as confirmed earlier in this thread - could anyone who knows how to find out any more about John's service records, his squadron ops, or other crew members please point me in the right direction please.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Hatton