Thread: Captured German documents KE8460 Lancaster loss card

Thanks

Default Captured German documents KE8460 Lancaster loss card

Hi everyone
    I'm researching Lancaster ND409 lost 27.4.44. The aircraft loss card mentions "Captured German documents KE8460". Does anyone know how I would access these? Thanks.

Thanks

Hello miriamsharland and welcome to the forum. I have moved your post to the General forum so it will more attention for this interesting question. I for one will be very interestted in hearing more about the circumstances: can you tell us what it says about the 'Captured German Documents' please?

Regards,
    Bruce
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Hello and welcome,

The following thread from our archive might help:

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...ts-held-at-Kew

Col.

Thanks

Hi Col,
    Good catch but there seems to be a glitch in the link you posted: it takes me to an 'Unaccounted Airmen' thread. Perhaps others don't have this problem but I treble checked and it sent me there every time. So, using Jagan's recent Google tool, I think I have found the page you intended us to see.

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...ts-held-at-Kew

If anyone else has this problem please let us know
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Hello,

My link works perfectly, down here in OZ!

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 14th March 2017 at 00:05.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruce dennis View Post
    Hello miriamsharland and welcome to the forum. I have moved your post to the General forum so it will more attention for this interesting question. I for one will be very interestted in hearing more about the circumstances: can you tell us what it says about the 'Captured German Documents' please?

Regards,
    Bruce
    Hi Bruce, thanks for this. As a newbie I'm still finding my way around the forums! I've tried attaching it, hopefully you can read it. It lists the crew and then just says "Captured German docs. KE 8460" with no other context.
    PS it seems you can't attach documents to the forum.
    Last edited by miriamsharland; 14th March 2017 at 02:43. Reason: Tried to post attachment

Thanks

Thanks Col, this link works for me (down here in New Zealand!). It's interesting and there's a lot of info in there that I need to process. I can't work out from reading it how I would find this particular file though. It looks as if a lot of files are missing, and they are all still classified. I would dearly love to get my hands on this file though as it could answer a lot of questions for me. I am particularly interested in my uncle (English, RAF) but there were an Aussie and a Kiwi on this crew and the NZ archives have contained a lot more info than the UK ones so far. The Aussie archives are my next step. I understand they hold some exhumation reports that are impossible to get in UK. Thanks everyone, and I'm loving this forum so far!